Saturday, January 17, 2009

A new day


It is a new day and I decided to pick a non-mainstream language and learn it from the inside out. My choice was Python and I have been picking away at Dive Into Python since last Friday and so far so good. It is an interpreted language which means there are obvious limitations including speed, but for quick and easy jobs that require multi-platform support I think it will come in handy.

After I finish the book, I am going to write a web script to enable syncing in my new PasteBox project. This will allow sharing and multiple desktops to access the same data. It will allow me to use it in a real world application so I can get more familiar with the ins and outs.

Next I will be brushing up on my java, since it seems everyone is looking for java these days ;)

No comments: