I guess I have not posted much lately about my Linux adventures. This is just because I have moved onto another (larger) organization and I don't the luxury to toy with gadgets anymore. (Or at least not as much as I used to). But I noticed something strange that crossed my mind when I was just reading a few articles over at slashdot.
I work for one of the largest employers in my area and they are predominately a Microsoft shop. I mean all the desktop tops are Windows XP, running all the latest and greatest Microsoft packages. And I would say that ~90% of the servers are running Windows 2003 Server. The other 10% of the servers, the ones that count at the end of the day (offer customer content) run Debian Sarge. When I think of this it kind of makes me chuckle. To think that all the hard work and critical services are sitting on a Linux box.
Anyway that is just my thoughts on it. I guess at the end of the day, it is the penguin that gets the job done ;)